November 02, 2011

Halloween Day

Noah had quite the busy day on Monday! Poor little guy was totally wiped out after we went trick-or-treating that evening! But it was a day full of fun and candy! His morning started off with a parade at his Mother's Day Out where he got to get all dressed up in his Halloween costume. And he did so great! I was so proud of him. He was too cute holding his hat in place and swinging Curious George by the arm as he walked in the parade with his school friends.

Photobucket
Photobucket

A few hours after he got home from a full day at MDO, it was time to get dressed up again and go trick or treating! Of course, Noah was happy to put his costume back on, and this time he knew he was dressing up to go get candy! We went to the same neighborhood as last year and enjoyed our time together as a family going door to door. The Man in the Yellow Hat made quite the impression this year and his candy bag proves it. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket

And you know what Noah loved this year? The scary houses! I don't remember there being so many last year {probably because we weren't out very late}, but we came across quite a few this year. I'm not a fan of all the evil/scary/gory stuff, so I keep my distance. But Noah was adamant that we, "go to more scary ones!" Funny little guy! I think he liked the lights and sounds.

Photobucket

I wish I had been able to get more pictures, but Noah was not in the mood to smile for the camera. The smell of candy was in the air, and he was not going to waste time posing. After a few hopeful attempts, I realized there was no point trying to push the pictures because it just wasn't going to happen. Sometimes I get so caught up in capturing the moment that I forget to just enjoy it. So, I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

After we got home, Noah poured all of his candy out on the ground to see what all he got. Oh the temptation! He got some GOOD stuff. Yikes! And this morning, Noah had remembered all about his candy. One of the first things he asked me was if he could have "more candy!". Oh boy!

If you would like to know where I found everything for his costume, click here.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am dying a million deaths due to how cute Noah is as the man in the yellow hat! I love it!

Lisa @ MMT said...

How stinkin' cute is your son! I love his Halloween outfit. What a great idea! I am a new follower of your blog and I love all your tutorials so far :)