December 31, 2009

December Catch Up & the New Year!

We are back home, and it feels so good! We have been to Amarillo {for a funeral}, Oklahoma, and back to Amarillo over the past three weeks. Whew! Talk about a lot of traveling, but it was well worth it since we were able to spend Christmas with both of our families. However, it's nice to be home after a bunch of traveling. I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours!

I have a little bit of catching up to do for the month of December. I don't know about you, but the month of December flew by! I knew it would. Right up until our trip to Oklahoma, I had all of our Christmas gifts {unwrapped} under our tree. Usually wrapping gifts is something I love doing, and most of the time I have the gifts wrapped & placed under the tree weeks before Christmas arrives, but not this year. I was a little behind {or lazy; I'm not sure which}. There were also a few December events I didn't get around to blogging about, so better late then never. Here they are:

We had a birthday this month. Josh turned 26 on December 11th! Shame on me for not blogging about it. The weekend of his birthday was also the weekend of the big Christmas drama at our church, so we didn't get a chance to go out and celebrate. And we still haven't been out to celebrate, but will one of these days, right honey?

Speaking of Josh, I have some really exciting news to share, and I want to take a minute to brag on him. In October, Josh took the BEI Master interpreter certification test. The BEI Master is the highest certification for ASL interpreters in the state of Texas. Well, last week we found out that Josh passed the test! I couldn't be prouder of him.

Yesterday was a pretty exciting day {despite the fact we had a 6 hour drive home}! Josh & I celebrated 3 years of marriage. Can you believe it? I can't! What a wonderful three years it's been. Here are a few pictures of the evening I married my best friend:

Photobucket

Ahhh! Sweet memories. Oh how I would love to go back to size 6! New years resolution, perhaps?

Guess what?! While we were in Amarillo Noah got his first haircut {more detail & pics on that later}, and oh boy he looks stinkin' cute! Here is a little teaser. You'll see his new do soon!

Photobucket

The count down begins! 2010 is quickly approaching, and I am really excited about the new year. I've been thinking the past couple of days of some things I would like to accomplish this year. Here goes:

1. Completely give up Dr. Pepper. And yes, I am serious. If you know me, you know giving up Dr. Pepper is no easy task, because I love it! So tonight when the clock strikes 12:00, I say goodbye for good.

2. Potty train little Noah. Well at least start the process of potty training. When do little boys usually potty train anyway?

3. Control my spending on Etsy {haha I already know I'll break this one}.

4. Take a few photography classes to expand my knowledge of photography & my fabulous new camera.

5. Work on my relationship with Josh. We have a wonderful marriage, but things obviously change when kids come into the picture. This year I would like to go on more dates together, and spend more one on one time with each other. I'll admit it right now, since we've lived in Fort Worth, we haven't been on one date.

6. Spend more time meditating on God's word on a daily basis.

What are your New Year's Resolutions? Have you thought about what you would like to accomplish this year?

Before I go, I would like to wish my grandmother, Gigi, a happy birthday!! Hope you have had a wonderful day! We love you, Gigi.

20 minutes until the new year rings in! Happy New Year Everyone!! I pray God's blessings on each one of you this year.


1 comment:

Andi Satterfield said...

Miss seeing you! Hey Potty training isn't that bad, let me just say that it is all about the parent and NOT the kid. So when YOU are ready!:) Happy New Year!