March 05, 2009

Better Together

It has taken Einstein a while to adjust to having a little brother in the house. When we first brought Noah home, Einstein didn't know what to think. There was so much going on around our house when we first arrived home; I think Einstein thought things would settle down, everyone would go home, and things would go back to the way they were before.

Well, Einstein had a rude awakening and quickly realized Noah was here to stay. I think Einstein has come to accept Noah as part of the family. Of course, Einstein had no choice, but I think he is actually beginning to enjoy Noah's company rather than just tolerate it.

Now that Noah is sitting and starting to really interact with the world around him, Einstein is beginning to realize he has someone to play with. It has been fun watching them interact with one another. The other night I put Noah on the ground to sit and play with his toys, and when I looked over to check on him, Einstein was laying right by Noah's side playing with his own toy. It melted my heart. I'm so glad Einstein is warming up to Noah. I have a feeling they will be the best of friends.

1 comment:

Cynthia Meeks said...

I love that they are such good friends! Hutton loves our lab and every time we are near her he will reach for her and pet her, but she is an outside dog so she is not around as much.