February 02, 2009

A quiet evening at home

Oh. my. goodness! I did not realize what I was getting myself into trying to set up a blog. It's not really hard... I guess it just takes some time getting the hang of it. I'm excited to start blogging mainly so I can keep my family and close friends updated on our lives.

As most of you know, my husband Josh travels to Lubbock for work every week. So... tonight is one of those quiet nights around the house. Noah is sound asleep in his very own room. Yes.. we finally made the BIG move to his room about a month ago. I was not really excited about him moving to his own room. I worried about all the things new mothers worry about. What if he stop breathing? What if I don't hear him when he cries?

My mother gave me a short devotion written by Stormie Omartian about releasing your child into God's hands. It was God's gentle reminder to me that He is in control. God created Noah and loves him more than I can even comprehend. Thank you Lord that we can trust you to care for our child. I cannot imagine having to do it all alone. Here is a little excerpt from the devotion.

"I didn't have peace when my first child, Christopher, was born because I was concerned about everything. I was afraid that someone might drop him, that he might drown in the bathtub, that he might get deathly ill, that I would forget to feed him, that he would be bitten by a dog, injured in a car accident, kidnapped, or lost. In an act more of desperation than obedience, I cried out to God concerning this. He immediately reminded me that Christopher was a gift to us from Him and that He cared even more about our son than we did. I was reminded of the biblical instruction to cast "all your care upon Him." (1 Peter 5:7), and so I did." We don't want to limit what God can do in our children by clutching them to ourselves and trying to parent them alone. If we're not positive that God is in control of our children's lives, we'll be ruled by fear. And the only way to be sure that God is in control is to surrender our hold and allow Him full access to their lives." -- Stormie Omartian

It's a blessing beyond words being a parent, but it's not always easy. Being in a partnership with God gives us peace as we continue to raise our precious son Noah.

I'll leave you tonight with an updated pictures of Noah. He is already five months old and continues to grow so quickly! I cannot believe how fast time flies by. Seems like just the other day we were coming home from the hospital with our new little bundle of joy.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Three Guys & a Gal said...

Hey Libby! Your blog is so cute! Noah is the cutest thing I have ever seen! He is getting soooo big!!! He is looking more like you. Hope you are doing well.

Melanie Lyons said...

Hey! I was so hoping you would set up a blog! So cute! Love the pics of Noah. He keeps getting cuter and cuter, look out ladies!
Melanie

apryl said...

Libby, so glad you did this! I love to see everyone's babies and hear how things are going! He is getting so big! CUTE CUTE CUTE ohhh and by the way....how much do you charge to scrap book? I might have to hire you, your pages are so good!